Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MegaMike
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home Reply with quote

I was never a Star Trek fan, but after seeing a trailer for this film on youtube, I felt compelled to see it, and I eventually bought the two disc special edition DVD, which I think I only got for 8 dollars, plus shipping. Oh man, this movie is awesome! And it's full of lots of comedy too! Some of my favorite scenes in the film:

1.Where Chekov and Uhara are asking a police officer and other people where the Nuclear Vessel is. PRICELESS! XD

2.[after landing and cloaking a Klingon spaceship in Golden Gate Park]
Kirk: Everybody remember where we parked.

3.[Kirk and Spock enter a bus headed for the aquarium... only to exit the bus about 2 seconds later]
Spock: [to Kirk] What does it mean, "exact change"?

4.[Explaining Spock's odd behavior to Gillian]
Kirk: Oh, him? He's harmless. Part of the free speech movement at Berkeley in the sixties. I think he did a little too much LDS.

5.[Spock is still learning how to use profanity correctly]
Spock: They like you very much, but they are not the hell "your" whales.
Dr. Gillian Taylor: I suppose they told you that.
Spock: The hell they did.

6.[faced with a 20th century computer]
Scotty: Computer. Computer?
[Bones hands him a mouse and he speaks into it]
Scotty: Hello, computer.
Dr. Nichols: Just use the keyboard.
Scotty: Keyboard. How quaint.

7.Spock: Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, "double dumb-ass on you" and so forth.
Kirk: Oh, you mean the profanity?
Spock: Yes.
Kirk: Well that's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word.

8.Kirk: If we play our cards right, we may be able to find out when those whales are being released.
Spock: How will playing cards help?

9.Dr. Gillian Taylor: Are you sure you won't change your mind?
Spock: Is there something wrong with the one I have?

Alright, I don't want to spoil any of it. Anyway, the movie was directed and co-written by Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock himself), and even if you aren't a Star Trek fan, you will probably really enjoy this film alot! And you can get the two disc special edition at a real dirt cheap price!
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. I remember this movie. My third grade teacher was a Trekkie...a real one. He incorporated all the series into the lesson plan. He even assigned us ranks. I was the Engineer (I turned off the lights when we left the room). Very Happy
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
Ah, yes. I remember this movie. My third grade teacher was a Trekkie...a real one. He incorporated all the series into the lesson plan. He even assigned us ranks. I was the Engineer (I turned off the lights when we left the room). Very Happy

Whoa, that sounds pretty cool. Not sure if I ever had a teacher like that.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home Reply with quote

MegaMike wrote:
I was never a Star Trek fan, but after seeing a trailer for this film on youtube, I felt compelled to see it, and I eventually bought the two disc special edition DVD, which I think I only got for 8 dollars, plus shipping. Oh man, this movie is awesome!

I was always a Star Trek fan. Welcome to the club. Very Happy

Psst... DS9 is AWESOME.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
rn
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
MegaMike wrote:
I was never a Star Trek fan, but after seeing a trailer for this film on youtube, I felt compelled to see it, and I eventually bought the two disc special edition DVD, which I think I only got for 8 dollars, plus shipping. Oh man, this movie is awesome!

I was always a Star Trek fan. Welcome to the club. Very Happy

Psst... DS9 is AWESOME.

No that'S TNG and Voyager; DS9 borrowed from TNG.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feh. DS9 had an awesome storyline and great character development. Also, it blended sci-fi and fantasy/supernatural aspects seamlessly. It was like the Final Fantasy of Star Treks!

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum