Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Anime
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmethystFae
Portland Princess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janette Morgan wrote:
I didn't really mean all the cool guys had to smoke. But the way smoking is practically taboo on any form of entertainment... it's just annoying.

And I'm pretty sure spinach doesn't give you kidney stones. It's probably taking the fall for some other food on account of a nutritional misunderstanding.

On Reba, her ex husband had kidney stones from eating too much spinach, and she took care of him while his wife was out of town.

~Hikaru
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, what a time to forget everything I knew about kidney stones.

As I recall, it isn't the high calcium content in spinach alone that does it. I think there has to be another factor present... but I can't remember what it is.

*Must look this up later or something*

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysmokes... Janette found some episodes of Tokyo Mew Mew online. It's amazing how much less annoying the characters are.

I've also fallen in love with the themesong... I thought people didn't write music of that style anymore... *happy sigh*

VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love anime when I was younger, but nowadays I'm very picky about what I consider good and what crap. There are so many things that I hate about anime.

For example, I hate it when the characters turn into chibi all of sudden. It's understandable in a pure humour series, but I can't stand it in series that are supposed to be serious. Take Rozen Maiden, for example. How am I supposed to take the tense and angsty main plot seriously when there is an episode in which the characters have a silly foodfight? Confused

I also really, really dislike the humour in most anime. It's just not funny. I could go on and on, but I don't think this thread was made so that I could vent about my dislike for various anime elements.

I actually like Digimon, Pokémon (especially the movies), and Vampire Princess Miyu. Samurai Champloo is also good. What stops me from getting into various anime fandoms is that most fans I've met are elitist idiots. I'm sick of being treated like a close-minded fool just because my favourite comics are W.I.T.C.H. and Batman, so I keep my distance.
Sailor Neo Moon
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Sailor Moon Reply with quote

I LOVE SAILOR MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IT IS LIKE THE BEST ANIME AND TV SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much anime have you watched, exactly? o_0

Sailor Moon was a truly groundbreaking series in that it started the mahoujo/sentai genre, but calling it "the best anime and TV show ever" would be a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

If you like Sailor Moon, you might enjoy anime like Mermaid Melody and Tokyo Mew Mew.

Myrissa
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Reply with quote

Sailor Neo Moon wrote:
I LOVE SAILOR MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IT IS LIKE THE BEST ANIME AND TV SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sailor Neo Moon, I'm pretty hard core when it comes to SM, but I don't go raving mad about it.

Well I used to be hard core about it anyway.

Now I mainly like stuff such as: Inu-yasha, DBZ, Digimon(I am watching the fifth season and I can not decide whether I like it or not), Pokemon I have loved since it first came into being, and all the ones that also came out when I was younger. I miss the original animes very much, but I also like the new stuff.

One thing I miss was the more open colors of hair, rather than commonly having blond, brown, black and such colors.

The other night I saw an episode of an anime called 'Shinzo' and the main character had purple hair!
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know series like Candy Candy, Nils Holgersson, Lady Lady, or Makiba no Shoujo Katori, just to name a few? I've fallen completely in love with older anime from the 70's and 80's because of the charming art style and lovely stories in many of them. I love this kind of style, but this only manages to annoy the heck out of me.
Sailor Neo Moon
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
If you like Sailor Moon, you might enjoy anime like Mermaid Melody and Tokyo Mew Mew.

Yeah... I have watched them, but they're still as not as good as Sailor Moon. And I've watched Nurse Angel Ririka as well as Powerpuff Girls Z, which is a magical girl anime based on our North American Version one and the only difference is that they are teenagers instead of kindergarteners and they have fingers. I'm really into Magical Girl.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Magic Knight Rayearth? Have you tried that one?
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailor Neo Moon wrote:
Yeah... I have watched them, but they're still as not as good as Sailor Moon.

Have you tried Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon?

You might also enjoy Winx Club. It's an Italian series with heavy mahoujo influences. Also, Winx Club seems to be very storyline oriented with relatively few 'filler' or 'stock' episodes, making it a fairly engaging cartoon. (I lost most of my interest in Mermaid Melody and Tokyo Mew Mew after a few filler episodes - after seeing a particular filler in one series, you've pretty much seen it for them all.)

VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget W.I.T.C.H. I haven't seen the cartoon, but the Italian comics are really good (I'd go as far as saying that they're my favourite comics in the world). That series also has lots of magic girl influences and similarities to Sailor Moon, but I hear the comics and cartoon are very different.
Sailor Neo Moon
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...i've seen Winx Club, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, and W.I.T.C.H., and Sailor Moon is still my most favorite. Wink
Sailor Neo Moon
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched Magic Knight Rayearth before. I looked it up in Wikipedia, and, well, it's looks pretty good, but not as good as Sailor Moon.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen "Ouran High School Host Club"? I've only seen a few episodes, but it's a pretty funny show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum